zondag 6 april 2014

Rachel Caine – Fade Out

The seventh book in the Morganville Vampires series, published November 3, 2009.
Genre: young adult urban fantasy
Cover: nice, I think this is Eve

Fade Out photo n309962_zps56099850.jpg

Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again.
Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve's cast mates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger - and way more dangerous - than anyone suspected.


In the previous book, Bishop was conquered, and now they are busy rebuilding Morgantown. Life is back to normal for Claire, going to class at the university and helping Myrnin in his not so secret lab. Ada, the supercomputer is trying to kill her though, as she is jealous of Claire for taking Myrnin away from her. Myrnin does not believe Claire, until Ada attacks Myrnin himself in order to have him kill Claire.
And then there is Kim, an old girlfriend of Shane, who clearly wants him back, and whom Eve is totally idolizing as her new cool friend and co-star in the musical they both have gotten parts in. Claire doesn’t like Kim much, and she also doesn’t like that Eve is acting like Kim is her best friend and sorts of forgets about Claire.

Amelie is still mourning Sam, Michael’s grandfather, who was killed by Bishop, and she almost manages to kill herself and Claire in the process. Oliver is ready to take over the town if she doesn’t step back unto the plate and take control.

Kim is trying to record vampire history in Morganville, getting vampires to tell their stories. But Kim is doing more than that, she has bugged a lot of places in Morganville and wants to become rich and famous by exposing the towns secrets to the outside world. Not only has she put camera’s in important vampire places, she has also bugged the Glass house, and specially Michael and Shane’s bedrooms … When Claire finds out about all, when Kim has gone missing, they have to race to put a stop to it all, before it goes viral and all their secrets are on the internet.

With the help of Myrnin they do their best to find all the cameras and all the back up places Kim used, and of course, Kim’s vampire helper …


Amazing story. Rachel Caine keeps surprising me with the twists and turns in her storyline, and I have to admit, Myrnin’s pet spider Bob is creepy beyond words after what Ada managed to do with him.

9 stars.



Autobuy author

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2014 Reviews by Aurian

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Really? 9 stars, wow. I don't know why that's so surprising to me. I think I read the first book in this series awhile back, but I don't remember much about it. Maybe I should give them another shot.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I don't read much YA Jessica, but those I do read are very good.

      Verwijderen
  2. She really is amazing at twists and turns. Glad you're enjoying them too! And yeah sometimes the covers I'm not exactly sure WHO they're supposed to be. lol

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have never tried this series, but your review has piqued my interest!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Kimba, it is refreshing and new to me, but it is an old series now.

      Verwijderen
  4. I really need to try this series, I read the outcast series and I loved it and I know that when you read a YA series, it's usually worth it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I still have to read the Outcast series, after this one I will re-read the Weather Warden series first.

      Verwijderen
  5. This is a great series and will soon be a TV series (internet based at least). I am a proud backer ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen