dinsdag 15 juli 2014

Recommendations from Peggy for July 2014.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Peggy from Belgium.

Peggy:

I have read 2 books in the past month, and those 2 books are:

1. Sweet dreams - Kristen Ashley

 photo n397557_zpsa7036ac7.jpg

2. The will – Kristen Ashley

 photo w510433_zpsee953c3c.jpg

The one I can recommend to all Aurian’s readers is:

Kristen Ashley – Sweet dreams

 photo n397557_zps6abded06.jpg

She's ready for the ride of her life . . .
Lauren Grahame is looking to reinvent herself. After leaving her cheating husband, Lauren moves to Carnal, Colorado, and gets a job as a waitress in a biker bar called Bubba's. It's a nothing job in a nowhere joint . . . until Tatum Jackson walks in. Lauren has never seen a man with such good looks, muscles, and attitude. But when he insults her, Lauren doesn't want anything to do with him. Too bad for Lauren he's also the bar's part owner and bartender.
When the rough-around-the-edges Tate meets the high-class Lauren, he thinks she won't fit in at Bubba's. Yet there's more to Lauren than meets the eye, and Tate soon sets his mind on claiming her as his own. Before long, the desire burning between them is heating up the cold mountain air. But when violence strikes the town, Tate must reveal a dark secret to Lauren-one that may put an end to their sweet dreams.



Due to a project I was working on, I haven’t had much time to read this month. The books that I have read were from Kristen Ashley, one of my favorite writers. ‘The will’ is one of her new books and ‘Sweet dreams’ is a book of the Colorado Mountain series. This series isn’t new but the books are only now coming out in print (paperbacks). So this means that every month I will have a book coming my way from ‘The Colorado Mountain series’. That makes me a very happy woman.

Lauren Grahame wants a fresh start in life. After ten years of marriage she has discovered that her husband was having an affair with her best friend and this for five years!! So she has divorced him and now she’s looking for that one place where she can start a new, simple life.

After months of travelling she comes to Carnal, Colorado, a small town in America. There she finds a job as a waitress in a biker bar. This is something completely different from what she did in her ‘old’ life but she likes it. Everything is going well until she meets rough, handsome, tall Tatum Jackson (Tate for friends). He’s a bounty hunter but also the bar’s part-owner and bartender. So they have to work together in the bar and that wouldn’t be a problem if Tate didn’t said something hurtful the first time they met. Something that hurt Lauren so much, now she will have nothing to do with him.

Tate’s first impression of Lauren is one of a high-class woman that will never fit into Carnal or the bar. But after to get to know her better, he’s falling for her and now Tate is set on claiming her. But Lauren hasn’t forgotten their first meeting so now Tate has to convince her in his own way that they can be together. That’s however, not an easy thing to do when you have a past like him with a crazy ex, you have to travel around for your work as a bounty hunter and other men are flirting with your woman in your absence.

When he finally convinces her that they belong together, he has a new problem, there’s a serial killer at work. Someone’s threatening all the women in his life. So now he has to protect Lauren and he will do anything to keep her save. But will he succeed?

Sweet dreams is the second book of The Colorado Mountain series.
You don’t have to read the first book to read this one but the first book ‘The Gamble’ is also a great book.
One of the many things I like of Kristen Ashley her books is that most of her characters are in their thirties or even in their forties. They’re older, have more live experience, have ex-partners and sometimes they have children.
Just like in her other books they’re a lot of secondary characters and I really love them! They’re crazy, funny, loyal…and did I mention crazy?
Kristen Ashley has a special writing style and I know not everyone likes it but I do.

One little note: The book has 638 pages but I was never bored, not one minute of it. I couldn’t stop reading.

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Peggy! I know you have recommended her before, and I really will read one of her books someday. Which one is your favourite? How about you, reader, have you read this author yet? What is your favourite?




© 2014 Reviews by Aurian


11 opmerkingen:

  1. I really need to read more Kristen Ashley books, I loved the one I tried.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I am a die-hard KA fan, and I completely agree about Sweet Dreams. The Will . . . not as much. Sorry! It just wasn't my thing, but KA is my go-to when I'm in a book funk and need an Alpha. Aurian, I think you'd really like her Fantasyland series (Wildest Dreams is book 1), but her romantic suspense is great too. I have too many favorites to try and narrow it down, but the Mystery Man and The 'Burg series are probably my favorites from her contemporary stuff.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Great to hear that you also love her books ;o) The Will is indeed a little different then her other books. I haven't read her Fantasyland series yet.
      Have you read Own the Wind? I love that one.
      I also liked the Mystery man and the 'Burg series.

      Verwijderen
  3. Oh! Set in CO? I must check this one out. I love it when you say 600+ pgs and enjoyed yourself throughout!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh Peggy she's one I keep meaning to read but just haven't gotten up to yet. I know so many who love her. She seems like a really nice lady as well! Glad to see you enjoyed it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks for sharing Sweet Dreams Peggy, I love when you are never bored reading. If I love a book even a 600+ page book is too short!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I know what you mean! I have the same feeling, sometimes even 600+ pages are too short.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen