donderdag 25 september 2014

Recommendations from Karin for September 2014.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Karin from Austria.

Karin :

I have read 7 new books in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

Night’s Honor by Thea Harrison

 photo w502769_zps32c8e5df.jpg

Touch of Frost by S.E. Smith

 photo w544521_zps36086811.jpg

Wray by M.K. Eidem

 photo w547794_zps0b4dbd10.jpg


There is not really much I can say to Thea Harrison’s novel of the Elder Races. I loved the book that came before (“Kinked”) and I liked this one almost as much. I liked the heroine and the way she came into her own. I liked the hero, Xavier, even more. I think – no, I know – I have a soft spot for the dangerous, silent guys. If they look good on top of that – well, no harm done.
He had this kind of family that surrounded him, a faithful family with one exception, and Tess found her place. She really needed that feeling of safety after the kind of childhood she had. The romance is written in a way that is believable, the look into the future at the end of the book promises a very long and happy life and the fight before that had me gripping my Kindle in a way that endangered it. All in all – what more can a reader want?

One more time – it must be a teacher thing that constantly repeating myself!! - I would like to draw your attention to the ongoing series that some authors have on their website.

There is of course Ilona Andrews’s “Sweep in Peace”. This series is published fairly regularly every week and I find I’m as fascinated by this part as I was with “Clean Sweep”. Of course I would hope that they write faster and publish it (if at all possible please: yesterday) but there is nothing to be done but read, re-read and hope for the next weekend to get the next installment.

And then there is Grace Draven’s “Radiance”. Now this series is seriously trying to become a full novel – and an excellent one at that. By now I have been re-reading the series three times and I’m more fascinated each time. In my opinion this is going to be an excellent book once it’s finished (I have no high hopes for this date to roll around any time soon, she is slow to publish the next instalment) but it’s definitely worth the wait.

So, what about you? Do you wait patiently until the books are finished or are you like me: biting my nails, hoping for a new chapter each time I check out the website?

Whatever type you might be – happy reading!!


Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Karin! I actually did read Night’s Honor, I just have to write a review about it ... I enjoyed it a lot, I just wished for some more details on the bad Djinn.
Serials, I just can’t read them. I think it is torture, and I will wait until the book is finished and published as a whole story. I did love Clean Sweep and was lucky enough to win an ARC from the author.




© 2014 Reviews by Aurian



11 opmerkingen:

  1. Yes, it is the latest one Felicia, I hope you will enjoy it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I haven't even started Harrison's Elder Races series yet, so I still have a long was to go before I get to Night's Honor, but I'm relieved to learn that book 7 is just as good as 1. I'm waiting until all of the episodes of Sweep in Peace have been released before adding it to my TBR.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol in my eyes the first book is the worst, but I am so in the minority with that. I am nog a big Pia fan.

      Verwijderen
  3. I have a couple of Thea Harrison's audios on my tbr. I so need to get to them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love 'Dragon bound' from Thea Harrison. The rest of the series I still have to read.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well, she is coming to Berlin, so you have a few more months to catch up Peggy.

      Verwijderen