maandag 4 april 2016

Anne Bishop - Marked in Flesh

The fourth book in the Others series, published March 8, 2016.
Genre: urban fantasy
Cover: fits the series

Marked in Flesh photo 51Zz3-scqoL.SX316_zpsnlfp2e8f.jpg

The dynamic between humans and Others has changed. Some, like wolf shifter Simon Wolfgard and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the closer companionship as beneficial - both personally and practically. But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. They don't realize that there are older, more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land-and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs.


My most anticipated read of 2016, that is for sure. And perhaps I expected too much of it, because although I thoroughly enjoyed it (it kept me up until 3 a.m., not smart on a Wednesday), I kept expecting more. More danger, excitement, retaliation by the Elders. But the book did tug on my emotions big time, and I really liked meeting new people, both Intuit and Shifters and Elementals.

I liked the progress with the blood prophets, and that Meg learns something else besides cutting herself for prophecies. I like Hope a lot.

And in my opinion, it did not need that last chapter.

10 stars.



Autobuy authorLove this book

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2016 Reviews by Aurian

10 opmerkingen:

  1. This is my favorite series by far. I can't believe there is only one last book in the series. What will I do next? Great review. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. What! There will be only one more book! Nooooooo

      Verwijderen
    2. Glad you loved it as well Melanie, but are you serious, only one more book left? That is a big disappointment.

      Verwijderen
  2. i want!!! i never thought teh series would be so short, is there really only one more book after this one?
    arf you had me hooked on it and i must wait grrr
    thanks for the review

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hm... so am I the only one not addicted to this series yet? :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. There are people who don't like it at all Melissa, honestly. But I think you won't be one of them.

      Verwijderen
  4. This is the book that got me out of my reading slump. A great book! I did like the last chapter. Felt like a natural progression.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen