zondag 1 januari 2012

Best books of 2011.

After reading so many great lists on other blogs, I could not stay behind. I have read 240 books in 2011, which is a great score. But it also makes it very difficult to pick just a few books for the best of 2011 list.

Best new books in a series I follow:
Yasmine Galenorn – Courting Darkness
Christine Feehan – Ruthless Game
Sabrina Jeffries – A hellion in her bed
J.D. Robb – New York to Dallas
Nalini Singh – Archangel’s consort
Lynn Viehl – Frostfire
Anna Windsor – Captive Heart
Kresley Cole – Dreams of a Dark Warrior
Alyssa Day – A vampire in Atlantis
Ilona Andrews – Magic Slays
Jennifer Ashley – The many sins of Lord Cameron

Suzanne Enoch – A beginner’s guide to Rakes. I gave this book 11 stars.

New authors discovered in 2011, who made my autobuy list:
I discovered those authors, and immediately read the whole series or all of their books:
Robin D. Owens – Celta series
Leann Sweeney
Kevin Hearne
Thea Harrison
L.J. McDonald
Allyson James – Stormwalker series
Gail Carriger

Let’s hope 2012 will be even more awesome, reading wise.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I have a horrible time picking out my faves too! Looks like a great list. Some I still need to read.

    Have a wonderful new year!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Good choices :D I hope the next year will be just as good

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. 240 books! wow! I am blown away.

    Beth ^_^

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Holey schmokes! I am completely envious of your books read this past year. I know that would definitely make it hard to choose favorites. Do you have a goal for this year?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. LOVE seeing that Magic Slays made your list as well as Kevin Hearne. Great list! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Kevin Hearne! Yes, he is now on my auto buy list too!

    I wish I would have read as many books as you! Awesome job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you all ladies. My private life has changed a lot during the year. I now have a live-in boyfriend, and every other weekend a stepdaughter. That takes adjusting, and less reading time. But I hope to still read lots of great books, and I don't really set a goal. I am a terrible slacker concerning that sort of things.

    Wish you all a great 2012.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen