woensdag 27 februari 2013

Nora Roberts – Entranced

The second book in the Donovan Legacy series, published in 1992.
Genre: paranormal contemporary romance
Cover: nice one, my book has the small picture as a cover, but more in blue/green than red

EntrancedEntranced

A missing child. A desperate mother. A private investigator running out of time. Mel Sutherland didn’t need the help of a fraudulent psychic to find the abducted baby – and she wasn’t about to let a con artist exploit a grieving mother’s vulnerability.
Then all the leads dried up.
Reluctantly, Mel had to accept Sebastian Donovan’s aid. She was cynical about his powers and suspicious of his motives. But as the clock ticked, Sebastian unfailingly knew how to follow the abductor’s tracks and Mel had to make up her mind. Was Sebastian’s gift real? Or was something far more sinister at work?


Mel is happy with her own little home in Monterey, and her independent job. She grew up with a mother who moved every few months to a new place, never putting down roots, never getting the chance to make friends. But now she is putting down roots, and she has even made some friends. Friends who really need her professional help as a private investigator. A few weeks ago, their little baby boy was stolen from their own backyard, when Rose just went inside for a minute. They are devastated, and so is Mel. She loves little David, and has vowed to get him back.
Rose is determined to use even something as nebulous as a psychic to get her son back, and no one can talk that idea out of her head. And so Mel has agreed to accompany her to meet with Sebastian Donovan, and ask him for his help.
Sebastian knows they are coming, and doesn’t want to take the case. He just came home from a few gruelling weeks in Chicago, and he needs to wind down, relax, and recharge. But he is a truly powerful seer, and he knows fate is about to interfere in his life. If he lets it. He is intrigued by the stubborn Mel, who insults him and his powers in his face. He just can’t resist a mother’s plea, and accepts the case. And so that night, after some time spend with his horses, and a nice glass of wine, he reaches out to little David, to find out what has happened to him. He can reassure Rose that David is still alive, and well taken care of. He has seen who has taken the boy, and he knows the room David is in now. With some of the clues Sebastian is able to provide, Mel takes the investigation up again. They soon find out the identity of the first kidnapper, who was just a desperate man owing money to dangerous people. But there is more behind this kidnapping, this smells of a professional organization, who provide babies when they have a customer. Usually some rich folks who don’t want to wait years going through the official adoption agencies.
Their first goal, is to get David back, and with the help of the FBI they do just that. But their next goal will be to bring down this ring of villains, and prevent other parents to go through the grief that Rose and Stan had to go through.

In the meanwhile, Mel and Sebastian are very attracted to each other, and travelling the route the kidnappers took together, brings them closer. Spending hours on the road, first on Sebastian’s bike, then in his private plane. Mel is certainly not used to luxury like that, but it sure is convenient.


I really enjoyed watching the romance, seeing the relationship between stubborn down to earth Mel and the powerful Sebastian grow. I also loved the meeting with his family, the main characters in the other books in this series. I do love those little peeks in their lives after the HEA. What else can I say, but that I love Nora Roberts’ books, especially the magical ones,

I have read this series a few times in Dutch, and this is the first time in English, and I still love the book.

8 stars.



Autobuy authorLove this book

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

© 2013 Reviews by Aurian

19 opmerkingen:

  1. Sounds like a cute book, but then again, how could you go wrong with a character having the name Mel? LOL Sounds like a interesting romance. Oh and I do think I like your cover better (the small one).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is a strong heroine, perhaps because of the name Mel :)

      Verwijderen
  2. Wow this is an oldie, I love when Nora dabbles in paranormal. Lovely review and so glad you enjoyed this one..the cover cracks me up

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I recently read the first book in the series (Captivated?), the one with Sebastian's cousin and the filmmaker. I enjoyed, though I didn't love it. I remember thinking Sebastian's story would be a fun one. Need to get this soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I liked that first one too Mina, and I hope you get to read this one soon.

      Verwijderen
  4. I remember reading this book-and loving it too! The cover-that's what was popular at the time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. these were the books I read (in Dutch) when I got to know and love Nora. Brings back happy memories!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, I think those Donovans were my first Nora Roberts books back then. Or perhaps Cordina.

      Verwijderen
  6. LOL I keep hope that one day you'll read the few ones I have read by Nora Roberts. Like that I will be able to compare my feelings. It sounds nice, I think I'll try to see if I can find it in French.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Tell me which books to read Melliane, I think I have a 100 still to read.

      Verwijderen
    2. I'll have to search the English title because I have them all in French... But I'll keep an eye on your reviews to see if you'll read them too.

      Verwijderen
  7. Nora as Nora is on my list to read (actually with armchair audies on my list to listen too) :) This does sound like a really good book :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is a fun series Felicia, not too many pages so perfect as audio books.

      Verwijderen
  8. I've wanted to start this series for a long time. I think the old covers are great. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Go for it Diana, it is worth your precious reading time :)

      Verwijderen