woensdag 18 juni 2014

Jocelynn Drake – Bound to me

The prequel to the Dark Days series, published May 1, 2012.
Genre: urban fantasy
Cover: gothic

Bound to me photo h26332_zps0fc65e99.jpg

Mira, the heroine of Jocelynn Drake's New York Times bestselling Dark Days series, has been a nightwalker for centuries, travelling the globe as an enforcer for a secretive, powerful organization. In Bound to Me, for the first time, we travel back into Mira's distant past to see the great love affair that shaped her.


This was only a very thin book, a prequel to the series, and I think one of those prequels you should read when you have read one or a few of the full length books and now and like the main characters already. For me to start with this one; was just not good. I had a hard time getting into the story, and understand what was happening. It started out with Mira and her boyfriend Valerio getting some innocent young people into trouble in London. Before they can finish their evening of mischief, they are called back to Venice, where the vampire headquarters are located. Valerio can fly that distance with Mira safely wrapped in his arms. They are then given a very dangerous mission, and apparently, it was devised to find out Mira’s loyalties, with no regards to other vampires lives at all. Or to Mira herself.

So with this booklet, I find myself in no hurry at all to start the series. But I did buy both Jocelynn Drake’s series, so I will just start with the other one, and if I like her writing style well enough, I will read the Dark Days series eventually.

Tell me, have you read this series, and have you read this prequel? Did you read it first, or after a few books? Should I persevere and start this series?

5 stars.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2014 Reviews by Aurian

17 opmerkingen:

  1. I agree with you on the prequels : they're much better when you have already started the series !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah, I think I will read them in writing order next time.

      Verwijderen
  2. Prequels can suck so much, I usually avoid them

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hm... prequels don't always tell you if the series is good or not. I often read them after I read the first book. LOL I haven't read this one to tell you if it is worth it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've not tried her yet but wanted to. Stinks the prequel didn't work. I've found that with a few I've read. Better if you've already read the actual series than if you're just randomly starting it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. So many authors I still want to read Anna, and I will start with the first full length novel in the future for sure.

      Verwijderen
  5. I have read the series but don't remember reading it till the end or reading this prequel. I really loved her other series though.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I only read a book by her but I was mixed so if it's the same with this one, I'll pass.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I just missed the background information Melliane, it was clearly written for lovers of the series.

      Verwijderen
  7. I haven't read it and I am not sure I would like to.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I will try the series, but first the other one everyone loves Bridget.

      Verwijderen
  8. I have read that series, but I haven't read the prequel, and honestly the series was pretty MEH for me. The only reason I kept reading it was b/c I was bored out of my mind at the time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol reading something for lack of other reading material, I think since you joined the blog world that problem is over Jessica.

      Verwijderen
  9. I usually like to read novella's from series I follow Felicia. And I will start with the other series.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen