woensdag 17 oktober 2012

Karen Marie Moning – Faefever

The third book in the MacKayla Lane series, published September 16, 2008.
Genre: urban fantasy
Cover: I like it.

Fr

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him to.
When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly, the Sidhe-seer is on the hunt: for answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.
Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’Lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind and soul.


The third book in the Fever series. And I enjoyed it very much again, and will not spoil it for those who have not read it. More bad things and mayhem happen to Mac, she will learn nothing about Barrons and neither does the reader. I started reading this series, as I was told it was tied in with the MacKeltars from her Highlander series. And yes, they are mentioned in this book by Christian MacKeltar, their nephew, but make no real appearance. Perhaps in the next book, one can always hope.
Mac does learn something more about the book and its powers, how it became so evil, and she makes some friends with the other sidhe-seers in town, but not the easy way.

In this book, Mac invents the MacHalo, a thing I have read often about in her newsletters, and now I finally know the how and why, and I think Mac was really crafty here.

The ending, o wow the ending of the book, that was very black and hard. I do wish I did not read the authors note on the next page, as that spoiled my mood with the books ending.
You could of course call this a very evil cliff hanger, but I don’t really want to read the next book right now. First I need something else again.

But I have to admit, I am dying with curiosity about what Barrons is! The strangest ideas float around in my head about him. The Unseelie King perhaps?

9 stars



Autobuy author

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

© 2012 Reviews by Aurian

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Can you believe I haven't read the next. I've been keeping that ending in my head. It killed me so much. It was dark indeed. I didn't read the author's note, so I'm glad... and not. ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love that you're reading these! These were my obsession when I first found them. Can not wait to see what you think of Dreamfever and Shadowfever!! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I knew it was coming, so I wasn't that devastated, but it was painful to read. But I liked the next book, how it was resolved. You're in for a treat! Keep reading!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. :::mouth shut::::: I am so glad you are loving this series :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Yay another great one, you're really fast!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh I've heard amazing things of this author and series. Glad to see it was so highly rated for you too. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen