donderdag 15 november 2012

Autoren Love Letter Convention 2013

As many of my loyal followers will know, my best friend Maia (from boekenlijstjes) and I went to the Love Letter Convention in Berlin last summer, to meet some of our favourite authors, and of course lots of other bloggers and booklovers. And we had the best of times. So of course we will be attending again this year, the tickets have been purchased already. The hotel will be booked early next year as well.

To be prepared for the coming convention, which will be taking place on May 25 and 26th in Berlin, Germany, again, we are going to be interviewing some of the authors who will be attending.

This is the schedule we have come up with so far:

1. Cherry Adair: November
2. Pamela Palmer: December
3. Lisa Marie Rice: January
4. Michelle Styles: February
5. Courtney Milan: March
6. Karen Rose: April
7. Erin McCarthy: May

Cherry Adair writes romantic suspense, and is one of my favourite authors. Maia still has to start reading her books. I have already asked her if she wants to participate, and she has agreed. So now Maia quickly has to read at least one book, so we can ask some great questions.

Pamela Palmer is a new author to us both, so we both will have to read something by her first. I do have some of her books on my shelves already.

Lisa Marie Rice writes erotic suspense, which is not for me, so Maia will have to do that one by herself. We met Lisa Marie last year, and she is a very nice person, and we enjoyed her lectures very much.

We met Michelle Styles last year as well, Michelle writes for Harlequin, and I do enjoy her books. She gave us two each, and you can find two reviews on my blog. Michelly Styles is a very nice English lady, and she wore gorgeous red shoes.

Courtney Milan writes historical romances, I have read her first book so far, and will have to catch up on the rest, which are also on my shelves.

Karen Rose writes suspense/thrillers, which are also not meant for me. But Maia is willing to give it a go, and has already bought some of her books.

And last, Erin McCarthy writes fun contemporary books, and I still have to read some of her work. I think I have at least 4 of her books on my shelves.

So, it is going to be busy, but we have 7 months to catch up on the books of those authors, and some of the others who will be attending. And perhaps there will be more new authors announced in time, and we will squeeze them in as well. The goal for now is one interview a month.

So, tell me please, do you know the books by those authors? Did you like them? Do you recommend them? And do you have questions for them you want to ask. Let me know in the comments.

If you want to know more about the convention, here is the link: http://loveletterconvention.com/
The site is in German, but perhaps Google translate can help you out. And if you really cannot understand it, perhaps you can just send them an email, ask and I will give it to you. It is a really fun convention, we had such fun. It is not expensive, a weekend pass, and the hotel is nice and only 5 minutes on foot. Again, just ask me for more information and I will be happy to persuade you to join us.



© 2012 Reviews by Aurian


6 opmerkingen:

  1. Great idea Aurian :D I look forward reading more about them all

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh I would love to attend next year! A great idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's a really nice event. I only read the books by Erin McCarthy, but they're nice. I hope you'll have a great time, I don't think I would have the time to go and I really don't speak german...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've started with Cherry Adair. Hope that I'll be finishing the first book at the end of this weekend.
    Already looking forward to Berlin, next year.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I can't wait to see what you have in store!! I do recognize several of those authors and I can't wait to meet the rest. Have lots of fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Every one but me seems to love Cherry Adair, I haven't read any Erin McCarthy, but I've been meaning to as she's an Ohio author. I read one Lisa Marie Rice and liked it a lot. (Her books are steamy) The others have been on my list forever to read. The convention looks like a lot of fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen