donderdag 8 november 2012

J.R. Ward – Lover Reborn

The tenth book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, published March 27, 2012.
Genre: paranormal romance
Cover: My book has the orange one, but I do like the bigger one better.

Lover Reborn
Love Reborn

Ever since the death of his Shellan, Tohrment has been a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance, unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams – trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld – Tohr turns to the angel Lassiter to save his former mate. The only way to rescue her is for Tohr to love another. As war with the lessers rages and a new clan of vampires view for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past and a hot, passion-filled future. But can his heart let go and set all of them free?


I was very hesitant to start reading this book, surely it would not be possible for Tohrment to forget his love for Wellsie and find another shellan so soon? But I was encouraged to just start reading, so I did. I had the book on my shelves for a while now. I have to say, I am disappointed in it, it did not grab me as the other books have, and I did not fall for the characters. I really disliked how Tohr treated No-One, or Autumn, and that he could not see that did not help Wellsie at all. He tried too hard, but for all the wrong reasons.

I did enjoy the ongoing story line though, the fight between the Brotherhood and the Band of Bastards, the plot with Layla and the fightscenes.
It was also, well not nice, but good, to read about Xhex and John Matthew, to find out that all is not happy ever after, after the mating ceremony. It felt real, and I could understand them both, and felt for them. I loved the solution.

I do miss an update on the Lessers though, what is happening with the Omega and his son? What are they planning and plotting now?

And I am really not looking forward to the next book. Every one is all abuzz about that, the love between Qhuinn and Blay. But I really do not like reading gay romance, so I am not looking forward to that aspect of the story. Still, Yasmine Galenorn makes me not care about the relationships for her characters, though I do skip the lesbian lovescenes, and I hope JR Ward can do the same thing. Of course, skipping the love scenes in a BDB book would mean skipping at least a third of the book.

7 stars.



Autobuy author

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

© 2012 Reviews by Aurian

8 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm behind on these, but I'm always surprised how much I enjoy them. The language gets on my nerves and yet I enjoy it. LOL

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. He Melissa, JR Ward is the only author who can get away with this language in my opinion.

      Verwijderen
  2. I do tend to skip the lovescenes in her books...and the lessers, and whatever is evil now

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol I was missing the lessers Blodeuedd, but I will definitely skip the lovescenes in the next book!

      Verwijderen
  3. I got stuck at Lover Enshrined. It didn't pull me in so it still stays on the shelve, unread
    (Lover unread ). I loved her first books, but her writing got more urban fantasy style and I let her go.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. One day I'll have to try this series, I have the 5 first ones but I'm difficult with PNR, and I'm anxious to dislike them...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You either love them, or hate them Melliane, but the first few books are the best.

      Verwijderen