zaterdag 5 oktober 2013

Nora Roberts – Vision in White

The first book in the Bride Quartet series, published April 1, 2009.
Genre: contemporary romance
Cover: nice

Vision in White photo n284029_zpsb32ffd23.jpg

Childhood friends Mackensie, Parker, Laurel and Emmaline have formed a very successful wedding planning business together but, despite helping thousands of happy couples to organise the biggest day of their lives, all four women are unlucky in love.
Photographer Mackensie Elliott has suffered a tough childhood and has a bad relationship with her mother, which makes her wary of commitment. But when she meets Carter Macguire, Mackensie soon realises she has to put her past demons to rest in order to find lasting love...


Nora Roberts is always a winner for me, and I like to read her books for comfort. I don’t believe in the point of view that marriage and children is something absolutely necessary to be happy, I still enjoy reading romance.

I loved this book. Four best friends who run a wedding planning business together. Mackensie is the photographer, Emmaline is the chef, Parker is the planner and Laurel is the decorator. They all have their strengths, and they know each other through and through. As children they loves playing "wedding", using Parkers brother or a friend or just the dog as the groom. Until one day, Mackensie was playing with her camera, a gift from her absent father, and she took the perfect picture. Her love of photographing was born that day, and she is very good at it.

Mackensie did not have an easy childhood. Her father is a trust fund child, playing the world, and marrying time and again, just like her mother. But her mother cannot handle money, falls in and out of love at the drop of a hat, and emotionally blackmails Mackensie into giving her what she wants at the moment. It is easier to give in, and just pay up, than to argue with her mother. Her friends know when she needs their support, and they all want her to stand up against her mother, but understand that she just can’t.

But all this has made Mackensie not eager for a relationship of her own. She has stepsiblings and half siblings she hardly knows. But then she meets Carter Macguire again. She went to school with his sister, and they are handling her wedding. Carter accidentally enters Mackensie’s house instead of the big house where he was supposed to go, and catches Mackensie while she is just changing her shirt. And that makes an impression on him, he won’t ever forget. Nor the way he walked straight into a wall after that.
His sister has roped him into helping her plan the wedding, make the decisions, as her fiancée does not have the time, he is a busy doctor. Carter is a professor at the university, and a bit clumsy-geeky. Which I loved about him.

There is this attraction between Carter and Mackensie, and I enjoyed how they handle it. No playing shy, or unwilling. Both want to see where it goes. But Mackensie has a long way to go before she is ready for a commitment, and she needs to deal with her mother first. And Carter´s ex-girlfriend almost ruins everything for them …


I loved this book. The slow romance between Carter and Mackensie, and how Carter is a beta hero. He is patient, he does not push Mackensie for more than she can handle, even though he knows he wants forever.
I also enjoyed all the wedding planning details, and the hoops they have to jump through to make it a dream day for their clients. Keeping away unwanted guests, emergency details to handle. Learning more about photographing. But overall, the friendship between those four women was amazing to read about, and makes me want to be a part of it myself.

I look forward to reading the other three stories soon.

9 stars.



Autobuy author

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

© 2013 Reviews by Aurian

12 opmerkingen:

  1. What a gorgeous cover! I think I'd like this series.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ooo I have this one! I've been trying to find a Nora Roberts one that captures me like her JD Robb ones. I really like he's a beta hero and it's a slow building one. That's always a nice change.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I don't think I've read this one but I love the cover and it sounds great. The romance sounds so sweet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I adored this series so much, and am delighted you enjoyed this Aurian :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Had the audiobook of this one and enjoyed several hours of a good story. This is a good one. I've got the whole series, but believe I haven't read the last two.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen