woensdag 2 oktober 2013

Recommendations from Peggy for September 2013.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some friends to give us their recommendation of the month. Today, Peggy from Belgium.

Peggy:

I have read 7 books in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. Jessica Sims – Desperately seeking shapeshifter
 photo n399468_zps771f2b30.jpg

2. Karen Erickson – The merry widows collection
 photo n397683_zpsf8b738d2.jpg photo n397687_zps79a51b85.jpg photo h26850_zpse0893870.jpg

3. Kristen Ashley – Own the wind
 photo n419859_zps912f07c1.jpg


The one I can recommend to all Aurian’s readers is:

Jessica Sims – Desperately seeking shapeshifter

Desperately seeking shapeshifter photo n399468_zpsbb58732a.jpg

Following the page-turning debut Beauty Dates the Beast, this is the second novel in the fresh and funny new series about a paranormal dating service. Sarah Ward, the werewolf sister of Bathsheba from Beauty Dates the Beast, and co-owner of their paranormal online dating agency Midnight Liaisons, is voluntarily traded to a wolf clan in exchange for a kidnapped female were-cougar. Fearful of what might happen to her while with the wolf clan, she and Ramsey, a were-bear who's part of the were-cougar alliance, pretend to be engaged so he can stay with her for protection. The last thing either of them expect is for their pretend engagement to lead to a very real love affair....


I really enjoyed the first book (Beauty dates the beast) in this series so I couldn’t wait to read the story about Sarah, Bathsheba’s sister. When I discovered that it was going to be about a were-wolf and a were-bear, I was very curious. Because when I fantasize about shapeshifters, I fantasize about were-wolves or were-cats but never about were-bears. But after reading this book I will definitely fantasize about them in the future.

The sisters Bathsheba and Sarah have a paranormal online dating agency ‘Midnight Liaisons’. In the first book Bathsheba and Beau (a were-cougar) met and fell in love. This book is about her sister Sara (a were-wolf) and Ramsey (a were-bear).
When Sara was young, she was biting by her (ex-)boyfriend (a were-wolf) and now she is also a were-wolf. Sarah and her sister tried to hide it for 6 years but now the secret is out in the paranormal world. And this is a big problem for Sarah, because there aren’t enough women in the paranormal world. So the were-wolves want her to join their clan and for her to mated with a wolf. But that is not the only problem Sarah is having. She also is having problems with shifting. Because she’s not born a were-wolf but a human and nobody learned her how to shift, she does it wrong. Something that is very dangerous. So now she has not only wolves following her wherever she goes but she also has to learn how to shift correctly very fast. Talk about stress! Luckily she has her sister, her new brother-in-law and his family to help her and last but not least, a were-bear on her side. A very sexy were-bear.

What I really like in this series is the humor.
If you like the books of Shelly Laurenston then you will also like this series.

Aurian
: Thanks Peggy! Jessica Sims is an author on my wishlist, and now I will certainly put it up higher. So readers, tell me, have you read this book? Do you want to?



© 2013 Reviews by Aurian


9 opmerkingen:

  1. I made a friend get the Sims books ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol always fun to make a friend read something you enjoy.

      Verwijderen
  2. Oh sounds fab! I'll have to put her on my wishlist as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Jessica Sims sounds good. I'm a big Shelly Laurenston fan and haven't found books as good as hers lately, I'll give it a try one of these days.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I have something else like her books Maia, will have to search for it.

      Verwijderen
  4. I didn't know any I confess, thank you

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol that means the recommendations are working :) you see new books to like.

      Verwijderen
  5. Books just have to call your name Felicia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen