vrijdag 25 oktober 2013

Recommendations from Karin October 2013.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked my friend Karin from Austria to tell about the books she has read this month, and to give us a recommendation each month.

Karin:

I have read 6 new books in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. Single Wolf Female by Jessica Simms

 photo w482310_zps94d10d51.jpg

2. Bare it All by Lori Foster

 photo n414027_zpsc19a92f0.jpg

3. A Modern Witch by Debora Geary

 photo n391738_zps23490bdf.jpg

I wasn’t very lucky this month with reading new books. The ones I mentioned above were really nice but that’s about all I can say about them. They are all part of different series, but I didn’t feel like I had to read the other books immediately. So, after thinking long and hard about what I would really like to recommend to Aurian’s followers on the blog, I came up with a book that hasn’t been published yet (but which I really enjoyed). I’m talking about

Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews

 photo clean-sweep-smaller_zpsaa10d38b.jpg

This is actually a free serial story that you will find on Ilona Andrew’s website. They are planning to publish it as an ebook around Christmas but you may feel free to head over and read the different chapters. It was a fun project for the couple. They published a chapter or a part of a chapter every other week or so on their website and I have to tell you that I was disappointed if I didn’t find a new chapter by Friday.

The story is about Dina, a young innkeeper. Her inn, the Gertude Hunt Bed and Breakfast, is magic, it is a living, breathing entity. It offers a save haven for creatures from all realms (and as it turns out there are lots of realms). Dina is closely connected to the inn that is in her care.
The characters include a yummy werewolf, several vampires who look even more yummy than Sean, the werewolf, and a monster that attacks randomly.
Dina is drawn into the political machinations among the vampires, she has to fight for her life (with a broom of all things), there may or may not be a love interest – well, it’s all there to make up a good book.

You may find it a bit annoying to go back and forth between the chapters on the website, but believe me it’s worth the effort. Myself, I hope that the book will be sold as a Kindle edition because I will definitely buy it.

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Karin, I will definitely check out Clean Sweep as I love Ilona Andrews’ books. I haven’t read any of the other books you read either, adding them to my wishlist.

How about you, readers? Did you follow Clean Sweep? Are you going to read it now? You can find it here



© 2013 Reviews by Aurian

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Thank you ladies, Clean Sweep sounds nice indeed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh love Ilona Andrews!! They're such a great writing team. I haven't tried their free serial though. I kept seeing it and forgetting to go read. Will have to fix that :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Me too Anna. Someday soon ... or if the book is published.

      Verwijderen
  3. Ilona Andrews is on my wishlist... as are many of the others. What great recs! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh I didn't know this Ilona BOoks, I'll have to look at it. thanks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Clean Sweep and Modern Day Witch look good, and of course you know I love and adore Lori Foster and Bare It All.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen