dinsdag 7 januari 2014

Recommendations from Maia for January 2014.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by my Dutch friend Maia.

Maia:

Last month I've read ten books and short stories by:
Ilona Andrews, Jennifer Ashley, Jayne Anne Krentz/ Jayne Taylor, Anne March, Judith Nelson, Nora Roberts, Nalini Singh (reread) and Shiloh Walker.


And the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. Ilona Andrews – Clean sweep

 photo w505397_zps51b9a592.jpg

2. Nora Roberts – Vision in white

 photo n284029_zps4663b22b.jpg

3. Shiloh Walker – Beautiful girl

 photo n274715_zps8b04f6db.jpg

The one I can recommend to all Aurian's readers is: Shiloh Walker – Beautiful girl

 photo n274715_zps0393bffc.jpg

Sometimes getting to heaven requires a trip through hell. Twelve years ago, it looked like Del Prescott had it all. The wealthy family, the car, the looks and charm, and the perfect boyfriend. Then, mysteriously, she disappeared to "study abroad." Now she's back, and it's not merely to attend a high school reunion. She's here to face her demons-and Blake, the man she has never stopped loving. Blake Mitchell is a changed man, thanks to surviving twelve long years of difficulties that began after Del dropped out of his life. Now she's back, and she's nothing like the polished, stylish world traveler he imagined she'd be. There's a darkness about her, and a grim expression in her eyes that says she's prepared for fight or flight. Blake's concern for her breaks down the walls Del has built around her heart and she finally begins to heal from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her own family. But the betrayal goes deeper than either of them ever imagined-and it's about to come back to haunt them


This is an emotional read. The heroine of the story was abused by her stepfather and her mother wouldn’t believe her. After twelve years she returns to her hometown and her childhood sweetheart. He never knew what happened, he was away at the time, and he still carries a torch for her. It’s a good story about love, standing together and getting over the past. I liked it very much.

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Maia! Shiloh Walker is a bit too hot for me, but perhaps my readers will enjoy it. I did love Clean Sweep and Vision in White very much though.




© 2013 Reviews by Aurian


11 opmerkingen:

  1. I need to read that Bride series by Roberts :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I hope you will enjoy it if you ever get around to reading it :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You read some great books, and Shiloh Walker does sounds fascinating. Thanks so much!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I haven't read anything by Shiloh Walker, but must say I'm curious. I have heard good things about the books s/he has written.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh I do want to read Clean Sweep. Hm... might have to go get it... :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh I loved clean sweep, it's a perfect choice I agree!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I read some great read, last december. Thanks for your comments.
    Shiloh Walker is also a hit and miss for me, but I got a lot of her ebooks, so I can try different ones.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen