zaterdag 30 oktober 2010

C.L. Wilson – Crown of Crystal Flame

The fifth book in the Tairen Soul series, published in 2010.


Crown of Crystal Flame

A Song of Love won her heart.

A Song of Darkness haunted her soul.

A Song in the Dance would seal her fate.

Seers had long foreseen an extraordinary destiny for Ellysetta Baristani. Already she had won the heart of the Fey King - the magnificent Rain, ever her ally, eternally her love. She had saved the offspring of the magical tairen and fought beside her legendary mate against the armies of Eld. But the most powerful - and dangerous - Verse of her Song had yet to be sung. As the final battle draws nigh and evil tightens its grip upon her soul - will Ellysetta secure the world for Light or plunge it into Darkness for all eternity? As she and Rain fight for each other, side by side, will they find a way to complete their truemate bond and defeat the evil High Mage of Eld before it's too late, or must they make the ultimate sacrifice to save their world?




As disappointing the previous book was, so filled with highs is this one. A glorious conclusion to a great fantasy series. An ending I never could have predicted. I loved every page of this book. I smiled and I cried and I just kept reading even when sleep called for me. I just had to know how this all would end. There is just no way I can summarize this book as I usually do. To much happens. And I don’t want to spoil anyone’s reading pleasure.

Yes, I am still in a readers high after finishing this book. The cover says it is the conclusion of the series, but luckily C.L. Wilson has left a loose thread that may very well become a new book. I really want to know what happens to Mellisande. So please write that one. Soon.

If you like a great romance, a great fantasy epos, and lots of magic, Light against Darkness, and the best of heroes, main and secondary characters, you should read this series. But read it in order, as the story just continues.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten