maandag 17 juni 2013

Gini Koch – The Happy Acres Haunted Hotel for Active Seniors

A stand alone novella, published June 10, 2013. About 14.560 words.
Genre: paranormal with a hint of romance
Cover: fun

 photo n439767_zps18add281.jpg

Welcome to Happy Acres (Haunted) Hotel for Active Seniors, the premiere senior living facility in all of Southern California (especially if you’re already dead)!
At Happy Acres we pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of our elder care (and for how many haunts we have -- 789 and counting!) as we surround your loved ones with vibrant, interesting people of their own generation (and many generations prior).
Happy Acres is fully staffed 24/7 by a team of dedicated (and in some cases, spellbound) medical staff, as well as housing one of the state-of-the-art medical inpatient and outpatient facilities in the Southland (just don’t see your doctor after dark), so your loved ones are ensured the best care in their golden years (and long after, as well).
Don’t let the rumors (all true) fool you -- while Happy Acres is indeed the best, its costs won’t race your beloved elders to an early grave (no, others will handle that). So come to Happy Acres, a facility you’ll love so much you’ll never want to leave! (Trust us on this one.)


When Gini Koch announced in her weekly news mail, that she had written a new novella, I knew I had to read it asap. And as it is available at Smashwords, the book was on my computer a few minutes later.

I very much enjoyed this story, the main characters are very engaging, and the story hooked me from the first page. But I really, really do not want to visit there after dark! Still, the perks of living there are amazing. It was not as creepy as I was fearing for a moment, but very intriguing and original.

A typical Gini Koch book: fun, entertaining, surprising, original, with great characters, and never long enough as I always want more. And I do for sure hope on more stories within this Haunted Hotel for Active Seniors.

9 stars.



Autobuy author
Buy from:
Smashwords

Amazon

© 2013 Reviews by Aurian


16 opmerkingen:

  1. I really do need to read her next year. She probably be 1 of my 3 :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I so hope you will love her books as much as I do. Gini Koch is amazing.

      Verwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. It sure is Katreader. You never know what will happen next.

      Verwijderen
  3. The cover made me giggle, but the tale sounds great! So glad you enjoyed this one. You always share the neatest books.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow! Such high praise for a novella! Oh and how could you not love that title? :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is a fun title, and a fun novella Melissa, and totally stand alone so you cannot read out of order.

      Verwijderen
  5. I have this one for review~glad this one is good!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh I didn't know this one but it sounds really fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I'm haunted by my exam, coming friday, but after that, I'll be reading this one! ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen