zondag 17 april 2016

Recommendations from Peggy for April 2016.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have read in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Peggy from Belgium.

Peggy:

I have read 8 novels in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. All that jazz – Natasha Boyd

 photo 51QAxS-vUvL.SX316_zpshzhi8jw6.jpg

There's something totally inconvenient about falling for your best friend's brother. Especially when he's turned into a pompous, arrogant, albeit annoyingly sexy a-hole that you'd like to punch or kiss to death at any given moment.

After a stupid favor that blurred the lines from friends to lovers the summer she turned eighteen, Jazz Frazer accidentally lost her heart to Joey Butler. For three years they've pretended there's nothing between them anymore. Jazz is finally ready to move on with the rest of her life. She's determined that experiences and relationships will be fun, casual and easy. After all, she learned the hard way that men just don't stick around anyway. But when her best friend gets herself into a relationship with a celebrity, Jazz has to do the one thing she never thought she'd do, call Joey and ask for help.
Repeatedly thrown together, Jazz tries everything she can to protect her heart and not fall back in love with Joey. But when Joey finally admits that Jazz is the one he's always wanted, all bets are off.

This is a full length, standalone, contemporary, friends to lovers and second chance romance. It is a spin off from the Eversea series and may therefore contain minor spoilers.


2. Canada Square – Carrie Elks

 photo 5138qpJo7aL.SX316_zpsmnlrrivz.jpg

Secrets have a way of coming out...
Amy Cartwright isn't sure who she's supposed to be anymore. Her family thinks she's flighty, her ex believes she's a walkover (the bastard) and her friends think she's plain crazy. But there's a different side to her that nobody sees, nobody but the cool, sexy Scotsman who just happens to be her boss.
Callum Ferguson isn't looking for excitement; he's had that and it almost ruined him. He likes things calm and predictable - everything that his new PA turns out not to be. But from the moment she walks through his office door it's as though the light has come back into his life, and he can't get her out of his mind.
Fighting against the inevitable, they both try to ignore the attraction, but the flame of desire is too bright. They're soon drawn into a steamy love affair that they have to hide from everybody, knowing the revelation could cost them everything they've worked so hard for, as well as each other.
Author note: Canada Square is #3 in the Love in London Series, but can be read as a standalone novel.

3. Reckless surrender – R.C. Martin

 photo 28176205_zpshv6tvyvx.jpg

Three and a half years ago, Daphne walked into my shop, kicked open the door to my soul, invited herself inside, and got comfortable. By the time I realized she’d made herself at home, it was too late to kick her out. Now, I’m in love with her. But I’m not her boyfriend. She’s not my lover. We’re just friends…

Trevor’s it for me. I love him so much it drives me crazy. But we’re broken—two battered people whose souls have been ravaged by the world. We decided a long time ago that we wanted to love each other but not attempt to fix one another. Instead, we give each other as much as we can. I’m beginning to wonder if that’s ever going to be enough…

Daphne is my best friend, our bond forged by a shared mistake that left us both brokenhearted. Her happiness is wrapped in the tattooed package of a man named Trevor, and I want her to have him. I'm bold enough to do anything to push those two together, even if that means consorting with the enemy—her brother, Roman. All I have to do is convince his stubborn ass that my plan will work...


To my delight I received this month an ARC from two writers. One was ‘All that jazz’ from Natasha Boyd (a writer that I met at the Love Letter Convention last year and who was very nice) and the other one was from a new writer (to me) namely Carrie Elks who I will meet this month at the Love Letter Convention in Berlin. I liked both books very much.

‘All that jazz’ is a spin off from the Eversea series but you don’t have to read them to read this book. This story is about Jessica ‘Jazz’ Frazer and Joseph ‘Joey’ Butler. If you have read ‘Eversea’ then you know that Jazz is Keri Ann Butler’s best friend and Joey is her brother. Although we see Keri Ann and her famous boyfriend Jack Eversea in this story, the whole story really revolves around Jazz and Joey. I really liked the way that the writer Natasha Boyd wrote the story from present to past to present again. That she told us, what happened between Jazz and Joey in the past so we could better understand their troubled relationship in the present.

I really loved this story. Sometimes it’s very easy to fall in clichés when telling a story about second chance romance but Natasha Boyd didn’t do that with Jazz and Joey’s story. She made Jazz strong and believable. I really liked the last part of the story. It was the perfect way to go for Jazz and Joey’s story. I’m looking forward to reading the next book of Natasha Boyd.

‘Canada square’ from Carrie Elks is the third book of the ‘London of love’ series but you don’t have to read the first two books of this series to read this one.

One thing that I love in a book is when a writer surprises me with the way the story goes and Carrie Elks did this to me with ‘Canada Square’. After reading the blurb I didn’t really knew what to expect from Amy Cartwright but I can tell you now, that I liked her very much. She got more confidence during the story and you can say that she grew into herself. I loved the way that she stood up against Callum Ferguson. I love the interaction and the chemistry between Amy and Callum and the way that their ‘relationship’ blossomed between them. But it’s also a story about Amy’s friends and her family and how they see her and her ambition for becoming more in life. This story left me definitely curious about the other two stories in this series.

That’s my recommendation for this month.

Until next month.

 photo Peggy 4_zpsc7itlsls.jpg

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Peggy! Good of you to read books of authors for Berlin, I haven't even started yet!



© 2016 Reviews by Aurian

2 opmerkingen:

  1. The Carrie Elks books sounds nice. Office romance, a Scott, London setting... sounds just for me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen