dinsdag 1 januari 2013

New books to look forward to for January 2013


I wish you all a very happy, healthy and bookfilled New Year!

This is the list of new releases for the month of January 2013 I am looking forward to:

Jayne Ann Krentz – Dream Eyes – Dark Legacy 2
Jude Deveraux – Moonlight Masquerade – Edilean 9
C.L. Wilson – The Winter King
Gail Carriger – Etiquette and Espionage – Finishing School 1
Kim Harrison – Ever After – Rachel Morgan
Lara Adrian – Edge of Dawn – Midnight Breed
Yasmine Galenorn – Haunted Moon – Otherworld 13

I have read a total of 17 books and 2 short stories this month.
I have read a total of 233 books and 17 short stories this year, which is a little less, only 6 books, than last year.

Did I match my reading solutions for last month?

I have read 3 cozy mysteries:
- Kari Lee Townsend – Tempest in the tea leaves
- Karen E. Olson – Pretty in Ink
- Kari Lee Townsend – Corpse in the Crystal Ball

3 books longer than 1 year on my shelf:
- Jacquelyn Frank – Noah
- Lynn Viehl – Dead of Night
- Jennifer Ashley – The pirate next door

and 4 books I have won:
- Jenn Bennett – Leashing the Tempest
- Theresa Romain – Season for Surrender
- Pamela Palmer – A warrior’s desire
- Laura Kaye – West of Want

I did manage to make my reading solutions last year every month, and it encourages me to continue doing this. I will read at least one book which has been on my shelves longer than a year (which means a choice out of hundreds of books), two cozy mysteries and one book I have won.

I am also going to try to keep to a bookbuyingbudget, as I really went overboard lately. Of course I will keep pre-ordering my autobuy author books as much as possible, but stop buying many new authors till I have finished some series on my shelves. I am not sure I can give up buying secondhand books at bargain rates though. Tell me, can you stick to a resolution like this, or only for a week or so?



© 2012 Reviews by Aurian

19 opmerkingen:

  1. Hmm... I might have to get Etiquette and Espionage as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I just read somewhere it takes place before the parasol protectorate books, in a dirigible floating above Europe.

      Verwijderen
  2. I've been buying a few and have tried not to do so, but those darn sales! *sigh*

    So many good books to look forward to this year. Hope you have a bookfilled happy new year too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I've already broken my resolution. So many people getting ereaders and selling their books.

      Verwijderen
  3. Stick to it, it's hard, but try your best :)
    While I really should try to make a dent in my tbr pile

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I so should just read what I already have, but I have just broken my resolution. Sigh. Not even a week into the new year.

      Verwijderen
  4. Yay! many books I want to read as well. Happy New year darling!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I preordered the Krentz and Harrison novels I cannot wait! I was asked how much i spend on books..and to be honest I have no idea. I have certain authors I auto-buy and then I added a ton of other books, *eyes tbr piles as they swayback and forth* congrats on your reading accomplishments and good luck on your new goals!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Kim. I cannot resist buying books, even when I know I should not do it for a while. They'll be gone next month! And those have been on my wishlist for a long time ... so ... I caved.

      Verwijderen
  6. I am not sure I can give up buying secondhand books at bargain rates though. Tell me, can you stick to a resolution like this, or only for a week or so?

    I am very, very bad with keeping such resolutions :) Secondhand books are so cheap and so nice and they clearly need a new home, right? They want to be fed and read and appreciated like any pet...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You are so right Ana. Those books need a new and loving home and lots of their friends around them.

      Verwijderen
  7. You got West of Want! I am super jealous! I am seriously thinking of making it my 1 of 2 purchases for Jan!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I did enjoy West of Want Felicia, the review has been posted in December, so take a look if you really want it now :)

      Verwijderen
  8. I don't know how you read so many books! I'm trying very hard to whittle down my TBR piles, both electronic and print. But I always find shiny new books I want to read, too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Suzanne, that is because you are an author! And yes, those shiny new ones are always a distraction.

      Verwijderen
  9. Aaaaaah! Don't tempt me. I'm on a book buying ban until I read more books I already own. LOL

    But yes, there is a lot to look forward to. I better start reading faster.

    Happy New Year, Aurian!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Happy New Year Missie, thanks for stopping by. I don't have to read faster, I have to review faster, that is a time suck for me.

      Verwijderen
  10. Book buying bans are tough for me, but I'm trying my best. This year I need to find a faster way to write reviews too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen