maandag 23 november 2015

Mary Lydon Simonsen - The perfect bride for Mr. Darcy

A stand alone novel, published January 1, 2011.
Genre: pride and prejudice re-imagining
Cover: nice

The perfect bride for mr. Darcy photo 51xq6PSAweL.SX316_zps87cspk45.jpg

It's obvious to Georgiana Darcy that the lovely Elizabeth Bennet is her brother's perfect match, but Darcy's pigheadedness and Elizabeth's wounded pride are going to keep them both from the loves of their lives.
Georgiana can't let that happen, so she readily agrees to help her accommodating cousin, Anne de Bourgh, do everything within their power to assure her beloved brother's happiness.
But the path of matchmaking never runs smoothly …


I totally blame Blodeuedd for making me buy and finally read Pride and Prejudice retellings, as she loves them so much, so thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed this one. And it makes me want to watch the BBC miniseries again. Sigh, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, is there anyone else in that role?

It was basically the same story, and not. Anne de Bourgh plays a big part in this book, and I enjoyed that, and the older brother of Colonel Fitzwilliam shows up in the end, and I never did know that Bingley had more siblings than his two dreadful sisters, and one of the very successful.

Thanks to this book, the quarter finally fell for me, and I realize the title of the book/series. Darcy's pride, and Lizzie's prejudice (thanks to Mr. Wickham's tales). Yes, laugh at me, but I never think about titles at all, thinking they are randomly picked by some editor or marketing person.

I did read the book in one setting, it was fun, and the only negative for me, is that my favourite scene is missing in this book. Mary wrote something completely different and that did not work for me. Still, I will certainly read some other retellings by this author.

9 stars.

Edited: yes, we did watch the Pride and Prejudice miniseries a few days after I read this book, and loved it again. Did you know it is the 20 year anniversary of the series? Go, indulge yourself.



A blogger made me buy it
Love this book

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2015 Reviews by Aurian

6 opmerkingen:

  1. LOL. Mouawahahahahah!!!!!!

    Yay for watching the tv series again, i love it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. P&P retelling! LOVE it. I enjoy these so much. I will have to add this one to my list.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yes, Colin Firth as mr. Darcy [sigh]. I did love rewatching the series.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen