zondag 15 november 2015

Recommendations from Peggy for November 2015.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have read in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Peggy from Belgium.

Peggy:

I have read 7 novels in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. The friend zone – Kristen Callihan

 photo 41C2M7L22BeL.SX64_SY100_zpsnzb2ep9v.jpg

2. A pirate for Christmas – Anna Campbell

 photo 51OoDPIvDbL.SX64_SY100_zpsvgrf5nfn.jpg

3. Capture – Penny Reid

 photo 41iW27FB-UL.SX64_SY100_zpstqok4ie1.jpg


So…you know that one book that you have bought a long time ago and then one day you decide to read it and then whole the time that you’re reading it, you’re thinking ‘OMG, why did I wait so long to read this book?!?’ Well, ‘The friend zone’ from Kristen Callihan was one of those books for me. I absolutely adored it. It’s one of my favourite books of the past year. My only regret is that I waited so long to read it. But I will not make the same mistake with the third book!

 photo 41C2M7L22BeL.SX316_zpskmgespwb.jpg

Gray doesn't make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy.

The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent's daughter's bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she's studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she'll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy.
Ivy doesn't have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her...
Gray drives Ivy crazy. He's irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father's clients. A rule that's proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she's ever met.
Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to win Ivy's heart. Game on.


We met Gray Grayson in the first book of this series (The hook up), as the best friend of Drew, we saw a lot of him. And besides being a good and loyal friend to Drew, we also saw another side of Gray, namely the hot playboy, who doesn’t do relationships but love sex.

Gray Grayson is almost there, he can smell it. He’s almost in the NFL. He just needs a good agent and he thinks he has found one. Everything is going Gray’s way but things are about to change. First there is the bubblegum pink car! Yes, bubblegum pink car and Gray is driving it. He wouldn’t ride in that car if it wasn’t for this best friend. But he needs a car and his agent loaned him this car for free. It’s from his oldest daughter Ivy but she’s at the moment living in England so she doesn’t need the car. And then Gray gets a text from that ‘daughter’ to tell him to be careful with her car. Gray replies and they start texting each other every day. Gray nor Ivy have never felt such an immediately bond with anyone else. When Ivy comes back from England Gray is the one waiting for her and the bond they felt through texting is there in real life too! Both appreciate the friendship they feel for each other. But there’s something else that they feel too, a sexual attraction. But friendship and sex are never a good combination, so the last thing they want is to lose their special friendship by having sex with each other because Ivy believes in relationships and Gray has never had one. Ivy has also plans to go back to England to work for her mother there and Gray has a new and exciting life waiting for him in the NFL. But the more they fight the attraction, the more they want each other.
Alas no matter how hard you fight, some things you can’t not change. Is Gray ready to have a serious relationship and what will Ivy do about her future in England?

This was a fantastic read. I really liked the start of this story, how Ivy and Gray made first contact with each other through texting, the bond that you feel between them, the banter. And throughout the story, you can feel the deep friendship they have with each other. I love that they’re there for each other, no matter what. And even when there are problems, they solve it together. And then you have their friends that love to tease them but they’re also loyal and sweet. I can’t wait to read ‘The game plan’, the next book in the ‘Game on’ series.

Until next month.

 photo Peggy 4_zpsc7itlsls.jpg

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Peggy! I sure sounds like a good read, and I love the detail of the pink car, especially combined with that cover! That would make me smile from the beginning of the book.



© 2015 Reviews by Aurian

6 opmerkingen:

  1. oh love this!! I really enjoyed Anna Campbell---she is simply wonderful to read. I haven't read the Friend Zone but you are tempting me to go buy it and read it!! I loved the first book,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm glad to read that you enjoy Anna Campbell her books too.
      I just finished 'The game plan', the third book in that series from Kristen Callihan and I love that book also very much. If you liked the first book, you really have to try the other two books too.

      Verwijderen
  2. I know Kristen Callihan from her Darkest Londen series. I must admit I haven't read them, but I do love the covers. And it seems she has luck with this series also!

    I'm not that much into sport heroes, but this seems good. I'll keep it in mind.



    I also loved Anna Campbell's A pirate for Christmas. She does write very good novella's doesn't she? They are an autobuy for me now.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I don't know the Darkest London series but the covers do look great. Maybe I will try them one day. Thanks for telling me about them.

      I love Christmas novellas and Anna Campbell write indeed very good ones.

      Verwijderen