maandag 30 november 2015

Recommendations from Karin for November 2015.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Karin from Austria.

Karin:

This last month found me being down with the flu for quite some time and thus all I read was what I would call comfort books. I found a new author whose books I liked a lot. I’m talking about Holly Martin.

First I would like to recommend

Christmas at Lilac Cottage

 photo 51P3zXq4KCL.SX316_zpstquyqyx6.jpg

This book is a romcom suitable for the time before Christmas (or the time around Christmas, come to think of it). It has got everything you could wish for.
The heroine is sweet but not a pushover. The hero is honourable, good looking of course. His daughter whom he raised since he was seventeen years old is a lovely teenager (oh yes, they exist – at least in books!!)
Some scenes are hilarious, I was laughing out loud until I was crying. The love story is sweet, there are some obstacles to overcome but they are soon solved and I finished the book with a good feeling.

The same author also wrote
Snowflakes on Silver Cove

 photo 51-I9hZY95L.SX316_zpsi58zbusv.jpg

This book plays in the same setting as the first one, it is (surprise!) a romcom and I laughed even harder than with the first one. I guess some of the scenes drifted toward slapstick but for once I found that I didn’t mind. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and if you are in the mood for some light and fun reading I would highly recommend this author.

And just for a complete change in mood I would also recommend

Hell’s Geek by Eve Langlais

 photo 51TN-nF1hmL.SX316_zpsupdlb9el.jpg

This author has got several series out and one of them is – well you guessed it – about Hell and its occupants. Now this is the fourth book in the series but even if you don’t start with the first one you will have no big troubles to find out what it is about.
It is about Adexios, Charon’s son. Right – the same Charon who ferries souls across to Hell. Unfortunately Adexios is totally unsuitable to follow in his father’s footsteps. He is clumsy, whipsmart (the shame!) and a really kind person (the horror!).
He and the Amazon Valaska have to join forces on command of Hell’s ruler Lucifer to go on a mission.
Everything about this book is totally ridiculous, laugh – out – funny and to top it off there are a few hot scenes. For a fast, good read – try, if you feel like it!

I hope you could find something in these recommendations worth trying out. So, take care until next time and happy reading!

Karin photo Karin 2_zps9oybhsee.png

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Karin! I have been wanting to read Eve Langlais for a while now, and I am glad you enjoyed this one. It sounds like fun,
and I do love mythology mixed into my books.



© 2015 Reviews by Aurian

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. They are truly lovely and funny - just a little light reading!

      Verwijderen
  2. This is the second recommendation for Eve Langlais I've had today. I think someting is trying to tell me something... :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Well now I have 3 books to add to my tbr pile..lol Thanks my friend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You're so welcome! You won't mind once you have read them :)

      Verwijderen
  4. Sorry to hear that you had the flu. I hope you feel better now! I like your recommendations, Karin. I will have to do a search :) Take care.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Good recommendations Karin. I do love some Christmas stories this time of year. And I've read and liked several Eve Langlais books, so I'll keep this one in mind

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen