dinsdag 9 april 2013

Guest post by J.J. Cook

Sweet Pepper, Tennessee
By J.J. Cook
From the Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade Mysteries
That Old Flame of Mine

 photo Thatoldflameofminenieuwer_zps8d7ffbfc.jpg

Sweet Pepper, Tennessee is the home of the hottest, sweetest peppers in the world. Hot peppers, particularly Tennessee Teardrop peppers, have been grown and packed here for a hundred years. The entire economy of this small town, population 5,026, depends on growing and packing the peppers that are shipped all over the world.

At the entry to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the sun is hot and the mountains provide the shade to make the peppers their best. The soil is perfect.

Every year, the town celebrates their heritage with the Sweet Pepper Festival. It’s a three-day celebration of everything pepper. There are people dressed as peppers, pepper-eating contests and pepper recipe contests. Miss Sweet Pepper presides over the event with her court. The streets are cleared and thousands of tourists flock here on the first weekend in October.

The event follows the hot summer of tubing and kayaking down the Little Pigeon River and happens before the cold winter months when skiers come to the area to try their skills against the mountains.

Sweet Pepper is a town rich in tradition, which includes strong beliefs in the area’s folklore. Tales of the ghosts that haunt the mountains aren’t looked at as unreal. People here believe that Fire Chief Eric Gamlyn haunts the old cabin that he built, the one no one has ever been able to live in, until Chicago firefighter Stella Griffin came to town.

Bio:
 photo jampj2kleiner_zps5fcb8162.jpg

J.J Cook is a pseudonym for married authors who write award-winning, bestselling mystery fiction. They have written and published more than 60 novels for Harlequin, Berkley, Amazon and Gallery Books along with hundreds of non-fiction articles for national and regional publications. They live in rural North Carolina with their family. Visit them at www.jjcook.net.

Book info:
Set in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, J.J. Cook’s thrilling new mystery series features Fire Chief Stella Griffin, who solves crime with the help of her predecessor, who just happens to be a ghost…

Buy from Amazon

Buy from Bookdepository:
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

I would like to apologize to the authors and the book tour company for being late with this post. It should have been posted on the 7th of April instead of today. I was down with a nasty migraine and did not even touch my computer that day.

Giveaway: I am giving away one copy of this book (from Bookdepository) to one of my followers/commenters. Just answer this question: would you like to read this book, and if so, what appeals to you especially about this one? And make sure I know where to reach you in case you are the lucky winner.

18 opmerkingen:

  1. A ghost story and a interesting town? It really sounds like a fun read!

    Oh and migraines... I do understand. You do need to stay off the comp! Hope you are feeling better.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I am looking forward to reading it my self soon Melissa. And thank you, yes, all gone now.

      Verwijderen
  2. I enjoy reading author's that I haven't read before--and this team is new to me. Cozy mysteries are always fun to read, too.
    suefarrell.farrell@gmail.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Sue, welcome to my blog. They are secretly Joyce and Jim Lavene, and have written lots of cozy series already.

      Verwijderen
  3. Ouch. I, too, suffer from migraines. So sorry you got sidelined by one.

    I'd love to read this book, thanks for the opportunity to win. A few things appeal to me about this new series, the setting and the ghost in particular. I also enjoy festivals and food!

    cozyupwithkathy (@) gmail (dot) com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Kathy, welcome to my blog. I am also looking forward to reading this ghostly cozy.

      Verwijderen
  4. Hope you're feeling better Aurian! I really do love the covers for cozy mysteries. They're always so lovely and detailed. How neat that it's a husband/wife writing team. You don't see that too often! I'd love to check them out so count me in on the giveaway :)

    Thanks so much!
    ~Anna

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Anna, I do feel better. Of course you are counted in.

      Verwijderen
  5. Thanks for hosting us on our book tour!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You are very welcome Joyce. Thank you for stopping by.

      Verwijderen
  6. Oh I hope you're better darling. Take care. I love the colors of the cover, very flashy (lol I don't even know if we use this word in english but I'm lazy and I don't want to search on the internet).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes I think we can safely use flashy :) And thank you, all better now :)

      Verwijderen
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better. :-) I can't wait to read this book. I love cozy mysteries with a touch of the paranormal, especially ghosts! (No need to enter me in the giveaway - I have a copy in my TBR pile!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. And the winner is: Cozy up with Kathy! Email is on its way Kathy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen