vrijdag 1 januari 2016

New books to look forward to for January 2016

 photo Happy New Year_zpscaurlj1k.png

Happy New Year to all my followers, readers and friends! May 2016 be filled with great new books you will loose yourself in.

This is the list of new releases for the month of January 2016 I am looking forward to:

Darynda Jones – The dirt on ninth grave – Charley Davidson 9 HC
J.D. Robb - Devoted in Death PB
Kevin Hearne – Staked – Iron Druid Chronicles 8
Cecy Robson - Of flame and promises - Weird girls 6
Christine Feehan - Spider Game - Ghostwalker 12
Joanne Fluke - Double Fudge Brownie Murder - Hannah Swenssen 18 PB
Julie Hyzy - Foreign Eclairs - White house chef mystery 9
Lisa Shearin - The brimstone deception - SPI Files 3

I have read a total of 18 books and 1 novella in December 2015, and my total for the whole year of 2015 is 216 books and 10 novellas. It is bit less than I was hoping for, and I plan to read more in 2016.

Did I match my reading solutions for December 2015? Nope, I failed miserably.

I have read 2 cozy mysteries
Julie Hyzy - All the president's menus
Laura Childs - Scorched Eggs

16 books longer than 1 year on my shelf:
11 books in the Wicca series by Cate Tiernan (re-reads)
Anthology - Inked
Christina Henry - Black Wings
C.E. Murphy - Heart of stone
Christina Henry - Black Night
Darynda Jones - Sixth Grave on the edge

zero books I have won / been gifted / given for review:

and for my Kindle freebie/Nora Roberts challenge:
zero.

So, time to make some new reading solutions for this year. I really want to try to finish reading series that I have started, and especially those that are finished. Like Kim Harrison, Rachel Caine, Karen Chance, Lori Handeland, Marjorie M. Liu, Jim Butcher.

Per month I want to read at least:
- 2 cozy mysteries;
- 1 historical romance;
- 1 Nora Roberts book;
- 2 books that have been on my shelves for over a year. As that includes 90% of my books, that won't be difficult.

So, have you made any reading resolutions for 2016? Tell me about them.



© 2016 Reviews by Aurian

12 opmerkingen:

  1. happy new year my friend! thank you for your card, I hope you had mine too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Finishing series is a goal of mine too. I feel like I'm in the middle of so many. I want to complete or get caught up before I start any new ones. Because of that, I can't start Iron Druid, which I really want to. Maybe later this year if I finish some series.

    Happy New Year, here's to a great 2016!

    Melanie @ Hot Listens

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Melanie, the Iron Druid series is awesome, but this new book is too expensive at the moment. I hope I can finish some series too before I start a new one.

      Verwijderen
  3. No resolutions for me thank you very much. I will do what I will do and that's it. Happy New Year!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Lol That is why I am not participating in any challenges that other people like to do.

      Verwijderen
  4. Happy New Year, Aurian! Good luck with your resolutions :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'm with you on finishing series I have started. Lara Adrian, Ilona Andrews, Meljean Brook, Anna Campbell, Jane Castle - Guinevere Jones, Loretta Chase, Kresley Cole etc. etc.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Happy New Year! That's some great Dec reading and oh yes excited for some of the upcoming reads too :D I have got to get caught up with Robb.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Yes, I know what you mean! I also have many series that I haven't finished reading yet. Maybe a good idea for this year?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen