zaterdag 4 april 2015

Recommendations from Freya for April 2015.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Freya from Holland.

Freya:
The books I’ve read this month are:

Anne Bishop – Vision in silver

 photo 51nVyaBFY2BL._SL160__zpsjjxkjrvt.jpg

Patricia Briggs – Dead Heat

 photo 51PcWHUszfL.SX80_SY125_zpsx4i82nts.jpg

Grace Draven – The light within & The lightning god’s wife

 photo The-Light-Within-cover-207x300_zpsa0d4lue3.jpg

J.D. Robb – Festive in death

 photo 51ezGHvMTQL._SL160__zpsz0s8lmk3.jpg

Nalini Singh – Rock Hard

 photo 51ZH8KKNknL.SX80_SY125_zpsahixkbxy.jpg

Annie West – Girl in the Bedouin tent & The sheikh's princess bride

 photo 51CLY-22QmL.SX80_SY125_zpsonbs8qri.jpg  photo 51YrkxsWTyL.SX64_SY100_zpsdffneumz.jpg


It was hard to choose a favorite. I was very lucky with my choice of books. All these writers were at the top of their game. I loved the little stories by Grace Draven in the Master of Crows universe. So because Karin has already did a great review of Vision in Silver and Dead heat, and Aurian did Festive in death, and I’ve already did several glowing recommendations for Annie West, I’ve chosen Rock Hard by Nalini Singh to recommend.

 photo 51ZH8KKNknL.SX316_zps8acoqzxv.jpg

Wealthy businessman Gabriel Bishop rules the boardroom with the same determination and ruthlessness that made him a rock star on the rugby field. He knows what he wants, and he’ll go after it no-holds-barred. And what he wants is Charlotte Baird.
Charlotte knows she's a mouse. Emotionally scarred and painfully shy, she just wants to do her job and remain as invisible as possible. But the new CEO - a brilliant, broad-shouldered T-Rex of a man who growls and storms through the office, leaving carnage in his wake - clearly has other plans. Plans that may be equal parts business and bedroom.
If Charlotte intends to survive this battle of wits and hearts, the mouse will have to learn to wrangle the T-Rex. Game on.


Another reason why I choose this book is that I really, really loved it. It’s the third and my favorite in her contemporary romance “Rock kiss” series, but can be read as a stand-alone. The main characters are not from the band, but Charlotte/Charlie Baird aka The Mouse, the best friend of Molly from the first book and the hero is her new boss, Gabriel Bishop aka T-Rex.
Charlie had a very bad experience with her ex-boyfriend and shies away from men. But Gabriel sees her and falls for her immediately. I love how this alpha male, ex-rugby player turned CEO, took the time and patience to help Charlie get over her past.
The whole story is about the two of them getting to know each other and getting over their fears and hang-ups (yes, even T-Rex has some!). It takes time and it is a two way street. Beautifully done.
It has some dark issues, but most of it is light reading. I loved the banter and exchange of wit. Especially at the last chapters, the “prenup”. Another nice little thing are the titles of the chapters. They are funny and set the scene. And I adored Gabriel’s family, Nalini makes me want to look up hot rugby players! I hope Gabriel’s brothers will be in the next books.

I will be buying and reading this series as Nalini stays on my autobuy whatever she writes!

Freya photo Freya 2_zpseia5fuhr.jpg

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Freya! There is a reason we are such good friends, as we all like the same books! I will have to read this Nalini Singh series soon, as you make it sound at least 9 stars.
How about you reader, have you read these yet? Do you like or prefer her paranormal romances?



© 2015 Reviews by Aurian



9 opmerkingen:

  1. I haven't tried Singh's contemporary series yet. But as you like it so much Freya, I think I'm going to give it a try!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I hope we will both enjoy them Karin!

      Verwijderen
    2. You should! They are fun reads especially this one. And can be read stand alone

      Verwijderen
  2. I totally agree with you, Freya! I loved Rock hard! And after reading this book I want to read more books about rugby players :) Fingers crossed that she will write about Gabriel's brothers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Sports romance seems to be hot Peggy, I am sure you will find some.

      Verwijderen
    2. Did you see the clip on facebook by Nalini? Yummy rugbyplayer taking his torn shirt off, drool ;-)

      Verwijderen
  3. Reacties
    1. So many books, so many recommendations Blodeuedd, so little time!

      Verwijderen
    2. Yes! And don't forget, the sequal to Master of crows is being written now!

      Verwijderen